Monday, June 8, 2009

Escape From Alcatraz Adventure

In February, I was given the opportunity to participate in this year's Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon representing the FCA Endurance team. At first, I wanted to graciously decline the offer but after reflecting on events leading up to the offer, praying about my fear of the water in SF Bay, discussing it with my wife, and speaking with our National Director, Chris Anderson, I realized I was being led to do this and I humbly accepted.

Many workouts and a few practice races later, I am as ready to go as I'll ever be.

I shipped my bike and wetsuit to a teammate in Danville, CA on Wednesday 6/3 via UPS Ground and due to a miscommunication regarding the destination zip code they have been touring the country since then.

Our trip begins Wednesday (6/10). We'll arrive in California around 6PM PDT and hopefully my bike and wetsuit will arrive the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment