Thursday, June 11, 2009

Training Ride


Today, I went for a training ride from the hotel down past the beach where we'll land on Sunday, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and up into the Marin Headlands. This was quite a ride with a good bit of climbing and some of the most ferocious winds I've ever encountered. I was running ZIPP 404's front and back and the medium profile still caught a significant amount of wind making for a very interesting ride. I was a bit nervous about the wind (especially the gusts coming through the gaps in the hills) to really take advantage of the long descent back to the bridge. So, I played it cool and came down pretty slow but WOW what an opportunity a two mile downhill presents. On the other hand, I was too busy gaping at the scenery of the Bay area to go fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment